- With the background stamp face up, ink the stamp completely by tapping the ink pad on the rubber.
- Place the background stamp face up on your stamping surface.
- Place the card stock on the inked stamp.
- If the card stock is smaller than the stamp, cover the card stock with a piece of scratch paper.
- Rub the card stock with smooth, firm strokes, making sure to rub all areas of the stamp and to keep the card stock from sliding.
- Remove the scratch paper and carefully lift the card stock off the stamp.
Create a multicoloured background by applying two or more inks to the background stamp.