Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog Released
August 4, 2003
Stampin' Up! Releases Its 2003-2004 Idea Book & Catalog
More Than 600 Decorative Stamping Project Ideas Fill 250+ Pages
SALT LAKE CITY (August 4, 2003) - Stampin' Up!®, one of the nation's leading manufacturers and distributors of decorative rubber stamps and accessories, has just released its much anticipated 2003-2004 Idea Book & Catalog, offering hundreds of stamping ideas and products from its four exclusive product lines, Stampin' Memories®, Two-Step Stampin'®, Stampin' Around®, and Definitely Decorative®, as well as thousands of accessories. With more than 600 samples and color photographs, the new publication provides hours and hours of inspirational ideas to create special and distinctive greeting cards, gifts, scrapbook pages and home décor projects.
"The 2003-2004 Idea Book & Catalog is truly breathtaking," said Shelli Gardner, cofounder and CEO of Stampin' Up! "From its contemporary metallic ink cover to the elegant style and creative samples, the catalog beautifully illustrates how Stampin' Up!'s exclusive artwork and innovative accessories can be applied to all types of crafting projects."
In this year's catalog, Stampin' Up! expands its stamp selection with more than 100 new exclusive sets. Adding to its already diverse and quality artwork, Stampin' Up! introduces several new styles and designs that include:
- Bold Retro Style: This playful style features bold images that make quick and easy cards and scrapbook pages. Choose a vibrant color palette from Stampin' Up!'s exclusive colors and instantly achieve the retro look. These sets are designed to coordinate with the Groovy Lines (page 165) background set. Some examples of this bold style are: Trick or Treat (page 39), Holiday Basics (page 66) and Let's Party (page 177).
- Collage Style: These unique sets take the guesswork out of creating collage-style projects. They give crafters the layered look with just one stamp. A sampling of this style includes: Holiday Print (page 69), Travels Abroad (page 117), Friendship's Journey (page 119) and Happy Birthday Greetings (page 181).
- Pencil Sketch Style: This technique is an expansion of Stampin' Up!'s detailed line art sets. Instead of the detailed line of a pen, these sets have the softer line quality of a graphite pencil. Such sets include: A Beautiful Season (page 61), Early Spring (page 88), Elegant Rose (page 89) and Parisian Plaza (page 117).
- Whimsical Style: This popular style features light, swirly brushstrokes. Examples include Fall Whimsy (page 43), Good Times (page 101), Cute As a Bug (page 148), Sweet Treats (page 180).
- Personalized Stamps: By popular demand - new and updated personalized stamps! Create personal stationery, desktop memo sheets, address labels and more with a personalized stamp in six spectacular designs: Bold Flower, Etruscan Elegance, Crayon Sun, Sealed with a Heart, Bursting with Love and Trio of Vases (pages 202-203). Text-only stamps are also available in three styles: Classic, Contemporary or Script.
The catalog also introduces a new Tip Box feature. This new element provides stamping enthusiasts with techniques and tips on the company's product lines and accessories. In addition, all Definitely Decorative® stamp sets are shown in color throughout the catalog. This feature allows crafters to easily identify stamp sets best suited for walls and other home décor projects. Also bigger are the color swatches for Stampin' Up!'s Four Exclusive Color Families (pages 208-209). These swatches are 50 percent larger than prior years. In addition, there is an easy-to-read product matrix (pages 210-211) to make ordering simple and faster.
Like every year, the new accessories and products are one of the most anticipated additions to the catalog. This year is no exception, with better-than-ever new accessories including:
- Metal Edge Tags (page 218): The perfect accent for cards, scrapbook pages or other craft projects. These fun accents are available in white card stock or white vellum and in circles or squares for just $3.95/$6.50 (US/CAN).
- Tag Sheets (page 218): A versatile accent based on Stampin' Up!'s most popular colors has been updated. Layer them or use them alone to add the perfect touch to each project or use multiple tags of the same size to create great titles! Now in 12 x 12 sheets, each package contains 264 tags - an incredible value at $6.95/$10.95 (US/CAN).
- Die-Cut Boxes & Tags (page 219): These fun punch-out boxes fold into ready-made packaging ideal for every special event. Die-cuts come in the following shapes: Party Favor, Pouch, Stationery and Trapezoid. To use up every inch of paper, tags and reinforcers are also included. Just $6.95/$10.95 (US/CAN) per package. Gift giving just got one step easier!
- Eyelets (page 233): The hottest new embellishment just got bent out of shape! Stampin' Up eyelets now come in new shapes including Large Circles, Large Ovals, Large Hearts, Large and Small Flowers, Squares, Stars and Triangles. New shapes are priced at $9.95/$15.95 (US/CAN) for 200 eyelets.
- Fancy Fibers (page 235): Add dimension to craft projects, make quick borders, frames or accents with these new fancy fibers. These fibers will complement Stampin' Up!'s 48 exclusive colors and are available in five different coordinating packages for $6.95/$11.50 (US/CAN).
All 600+ project ideas in the Idea Book & Catalog are detailed in the catalog's project index, Stampin' Supplies, a feature that provides stampers with a list of stamps, papers, inks and accessories needed to create projects showcased in the idea book. The 2003-2004 Idea Book & Catalog may be purchased from a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for $9.95 /$17.95 (US/CAN).