HR Benefits and Information Specialist
This job opening closes 11/2/2007
Apply for this Opening Online
Administer employee benefit programs and provide customer service to employees with benefit questions or issues. Maintain the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), entering data and running standard and ad hoc reports to support the human resource function.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate daily with employees and vendors to resolve benefit issues relative to medical, dental, life, vision, disability, and 401k benefits.
- Conduct benefit orientation meetings, ensuring that all employees have been notified of meetings. Disseminate clear instructions regarding employee rights, responsibilities, and tax implications.
- Follow up with employees on insurance selection status and ensure information and benefit deduction information has been accurately entered into HRIS system on a timely basis in compliance with company policy and government requirements. Request appropriate documentation from employees related to insurances changes.
- Maintain HR Connection database, ensuring all data is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Act as project lead for annual benefit open enrollment. Ensuring all employees are notified of changes and enrollment process. Track all enrollments, ensuring all employees complete the enrollment and submit the necessary paperwork.
- Participate in quarterly insurance vendor meetings, requesting needed information and recommending solutions to reduce expenses and/or enhance benefits for the company and/or its employees.
- Provide information and assistance to employees regarding short- and- long-term disability and eligibility requirements. Ensure process integrity, documentation, and communication occurs as needed.
- Track FMLA and leaves of absence notifying employees of FMLA rights, communicating leave status to supervisors, and advising employees (on unpaid leaves) when insurance premiums are due. Maintain information to ensure accurate point in time information to HR generalists.
- Maintain company HRIS; enter employee information from Employee Information Forms including new hires, salary changes, address changes, and position changes.
- Utilize system to provide expertise to other team members.
- Extract information from human resource and payroll information systems, design ad hoc reports, and run standard weekly, monthly, and annual reports using spreadsheets and other software programs.
- Compile data and prepare reports relative to human capital within the organization including turnover and annual EEO report.
- Import data from other applications into HRIS based on system functionality and company needs.
- Track and input individual employee information, training received, and possession of company property into HRIS.
- Provide coaching and training to those with secondary responsibilities for HRIS and reporting.
- Plan and coordinate benefit and health related programs such as the health fair and wellness programs.
- Run carrier reports ensuring accurate information is transmitted to the carrier.
- Reconcile insurance billings to ensure accurate billing and reporting to carrier.
- Create an environment of high trust and credibility by providing outstanding service and a bias for action.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related area; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years' human resource experience working with benefit programs and HRIS.
- Proven knowledge of federal and state employment laws relative to; record retention, compliance tracking, FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, and COBRA.
- Must possess ability to design and customize reports as well as run standard reports as requested in Excel and other HRIS systems.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track-record maintaining confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry.
- Must possess the ability to develop solid working relationships and rapport, demonstrating respect for individuals at all levels.
- Affiliation with ICBA, World at Work, SHRM, or other benefits professional organization is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.